- Sent Invoices
- Running Payments in Batch for Sent Invoices
- Write Off a Sent Invoice (Partial or Full)
- View a List of Invoices Under the Matter
- View ‘Previous Balance’ on Invoices, Cover Pages, and Remittance Pages
Sent invoices are listed under Invoices>Sent.
Charge - If you have payment information stored in TimeSolv, then simply select the invoices you want to pay, and click the green Charge icon at the top part of your screen.
Download - there are a number of ways to download your copy of the Invoice:
- Click on invoice # and download a PDF copy.
- Click on the download icon on the far right of the desired invoice row.
- Select the invoice checkbox(s) and click the Download button at the top right of the screen.
- Export to Excel for a hard copy of the invoice. This will download your sent invoices to an Excel spreadsheet.
Resend - resend the invoice by modifying the sending modes e.g., the Printer/Email/AutoMail checkboxes.
Void to Draft - remove the sent invoice from the Invoices>Sent list view and have it revert to the Invoices>Drafts screen for editing.
Warning: We strongly recommended that you print out a hard copy of an invoice before voiding it back to draft.
Note: You cannot void a sent invoice if a payment has been allocated. You would have to first remove the allocated payment. And if you charge interest, you will need to work your way back in your invoices. For example, you want to void a September invoice but also have invoices issued in October and November. You will have to unallocate payments and void the October and November invoices before you can start working on voiding September’s invoice.
The Sent Invoices screen allows you to make payments from available funds. Clicking on the Currency Icon at the end of the entry lets you select from the option to Use Existing Credits or Pay and Allocate.
- Use Existing Credits - opens a dialog with the Invoice Summary at the top of the screen while Payments, Credit Memos, and Write-offs for all the Matters with non-zero balances are displayed below.
For Consolidated Invoices, a dropdown appears to select a Matter against which the payment will be allocated.
- Pay and Allocate - opens a dialog with all the invoice details like the Date, Matter, Payment/Allocation Amount, Payment Method, etc., pre-filled, allowing users to Pay and Allocate directly from the Sent Invoices screen.
This feature is similar to the Payments>Payments & Credits screen, except it allows users to quickly process many invoices one after the other instead of switching back and forth between the Payments screen and the Sent Invoices screen.
Click here on Managing Payments to learn more.
The bottom part of the dialog displays a table with the following details:
- Matter Name
- Invoice Amount
- Allocation Date, and
- Allocation Amount
If it is a consolidated invoice, the table will list all the matters included in the Invoice.
Clicking on the Pay and Allocate button processes the invoice, and a message is displayed at the top of the screen to inform the user about the success of the operation.
Amount - view the details of a sent invoice.
Edit Sent Invoice Narrative - click on the dollar amount against the invoice, and click on the Narratives tab. You can edit the narrative so that if you need to re-send the invoice, the narrative is updated accordingly for your clients.
Note: Statements and invoices are different. Statements are a list of invoices. Statements are sent out to let clients know where they stand and remind them that they need to pay. It serves as an account summary for clients at a particular point in time.
Preview, Download, and Send
- Click on the preview icon to quickly view a statement prior to downloading or sending it.
- Click on the download icon on the far right of the row for the appropriate statement.
- Select the checkbox(s) to download multiple statements, and click on the Download button on the top right of the screen.
Send - specify the delivery method by selecting the Printer/Email/AutoMail checkboxes, and click the Send button.
Write Off a Sent Invoice (Partial or Full)
Running Payments in Batch for Sent Invoices
View a List of Invoices Under the Matter
All matter invoices are displayed under Clients>Clients & Matters>[matter name]>Invoices.
View the following:
Total Balance Due
Previous balance - enter any previous balance for the Client-Matter on the top right of the screen. The advantage of previous balances is to ensure all future bills to a client are all-inclusive of any outstanding balance.
Pay - click on the money icon to enter a payment for the invoice. This will redirect to the 'Payments' screen:
Download - download the invoice by clicking on the download icon:
View payment details by clicking on the document icon:
View ‘Previous Balance’ on Invoices, Cover Pages, and Remittance Pages
Click on Invoices>Settings>Flexible Templates.
Click on the appropriate template name to edit settings.
Under the Global Settings tab, ensure ‘Include Total Balance Due on Cover Page and Main Invoice' is enabled.
Clients will now be able to view any previous balance on invoices, cover pages, and remittance pages.