- Sent Invoices
- Running Payments in Batch for Sent Invoices
- Write Off a Sent Invoice (Partial or Full)
- View a List of Invoices Under the Matter
- View ‘Previous Balance’ on Invoices, Cover Pages, and Remittance Pages
Sent invoices are listed under Invoices>Sent.
- Click on invoice # and download a PDF copy.
- Click on the download icon on the far right of the desired invoice row.
- Select the invoice checkbox(s) and click on the Download button at the top right of the screen.
- Export to Excel for a hard-copy of the invoice. This will download your sent invoices to an excel spreadsheet.
Resend - resend the invoice by modifying the sending modes e.g., the Printer/Email/AutoMail checkboxes.
Void to Draft - remove the sent invoice from the Invoices>Sent list view and have it revert to the Invoices>Drafts screen for editing.
Warning: We strongly recommend printing out a hard copy of an invoice before voiding it back to draft.
Note: You cannot void a sent invoice if a payment has been allocated to it. You would have to first remove the allocated payment. And if you charge interest, you will need to work your way back in your invoices. For example, you want to void a September invoice, but you also have invoices issued in October and November. You will have to un-allocate payments and void the October and November invoices before you can start working on voiding September’s invoice.
Currency icon - will redirect to the Payments screen.
Amount - view the details of a sent invoice.
Edit Sent Invoice Narrative - click on the dollar amount against the invoice, and click on the Narratives tab. You can edit the narrative so that if you need to re-send the invoice the narrative is updated accordingly for your clients.
Note: Statements and invoices are different. Statements are a list of invoices. Statements are sent out to let clients know where they stand, to remind the client that they need to pay. It serves as an account summary for clients at a particular point in time.
- Click on the download icon on the far right of the row for the appropriate statement.
- Select the checkbox(s) to download multiple statements, and click on the Download button on the top right of the screen.
Send - specify the delivery method by selecting Printer/Email/AutoMail checkboxes, and click the Send.
Write Off a Sent Invoice (Partial or Full)
Running Payments in Batch for Sent Invoices
View a List of Invoices Under the Matter
All matter invoices are displayed under Clients>Clients & Matters>[matter name]>Invoices.
View the following:
Total Balance Due
Previous balance - enter any previous balance for the client-matter on top right of the screen. The advantage of previous balances is to ensure all future bills to a client are all-inclusive of any outstanding balance.
Pay - click on the money icon to enter a payment for the invoice. This will redirect to the 'Payments' screen:
Download - download the invoice by clicking on the download icon:
View payment details by clicking on the document icon:
View ‘Previous Balance’ on Invoices, Cover Pages, and Remittance Pages
Click on Invoices>Settings>Flexible Templates.
Click on the appropriate template name to edit settings.
Under Global Settings tab, ensure ‘Include Total Balance Due on Cover Page and Main Invoice' is enabled.
Clients will now be able to view any previous balance on invoices, cover pages, and remittance pages.