- Supported Versions & Systems
- QuickBooks Sync Tool Functionality Checklist
- Acceptable Characters in QuickBooks Online
- Data Mapping
Millions use QuickBooks as a staple for their accounting and billing needs. QuickBooks has plenty of valuable accounting tools, so we have created a platform that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks, allowing your firm to benefit from its accounting tools while utilizing TimeSolv’s efficient time tracking and billing systems.
The TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync tool allows you to quickly and easily transfer data between your TimeSolv account and QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
Best of all - the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync tool is free with your TimeSolv account and can be downloaded as a firm admin from the Account>Integrations>QuickBooks tab.
Click for more information and help articles on:
Supported Versions & Systems
QuickBooks Versions supported
QuickBooks 2007 Pro and newer
QuickBooks Basic is not supported
Operating Systems Supported
Windows 7 thru Windows 10
Mac OS X Yosemite or newer (QuickBooks Online only)
Note: Our QuickBooks Sync tool can run on a Windows server but it needs to be installed under a specific user. While the company file can be stored on a server, the sync tool needs to be installed on the same machine that the user is using to access QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Sync Tool Functionality Checklist
Users will need to make sure the following conditions are met for the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync tool to work correctly:
1. Ensure the Intuit QuickBook application is running/logged in on the same machine as the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync tool.
2. Open the Task Manager and make sure the highlighted two processes (pictured below) are running and not blocked by the machine/firewall:
3. Check that the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync app is allowed access to the Intuit QuickBooks application:
(a) Under Preferences>Integrated Applications>Company Preferences:
(b) And click the 'Properties' button to verify it has the following permissions:
4. Ensure the user logging into the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync application is an Admin user of the firm. This can be checked under Account>Timekeepers>[User]>Permissions tab:
Acceptable Characters in QuickBooks Online
Invalid characters in your QuickBooks Online company name, or in the name of one of your list items (such as Customers, Suppliers, Products and Services, or the Chart of Accounts), can lead to server errors or other problems in the application. To avoid or remedy these errors, make sure your company name in QuickBooks Online only contains accepted characters from this list.
Here is a list of accepted characters:
- Alpha-numeric: A-Z, a-z, 0-9
- Comma: ,
- Dot or period: .
- Question mark: ?
- At symbol: @
- Ampersand: &
- Exclamation point: !
- Number/pound sign: #
- Single quote: '
- Tilde: ~
- Asterisk: *
- Space: ( )
- Underscore: _
- Minus sign/hyphen: -
- Semi-colon: ;
- Plus sign: +
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- From the left menu, select Company.
- Select Edit ✏️ in the Company Name section to edit the entry.
- Remove any invalid special characters.
- Select Save, then select Done.
- Go to Bookkeeping, select Transactions then select All Sales or Expenses or go to Employees to check your lists, then look for special characters in the names listed there.
You can access all other lists from the Settings ⚙️ icon in the Toolbar, then All Lists. Check each list for any entries that contain special characters in their names and edit them if necessary.
Once you have removed any invalid special characters from your company name and any lists, you should be able to use QuickBooks Online without any of these errors.