- LexSign (eSignature)
LexShare – Getting Started
LexShare is a document-sharing and requesting feature with eSignature capabilities. It consists of three key features:
- Web Application – Allows users to share files of any type or size without being constrained by the sender or recipient's mail server limits.
- Outlook Plugin – Customers can view, share, and sign documents right from their inboxes.
- AssureSign – Save time and cost by offering clients the convenience of signing documents online.
To sign up for LexShare, please contact TimeSolv support as this feature requires an additional charge.
Once the feature is enabled for the firm, navigate to Documents>Documents>LexShare tab to get started.
Click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
This will take the user to the configuration page for LexShare.
Click on the ‘Connect to LexShare’ button.
Once the firm is connected to LexShare, a folder will be created in LexShare for all active Client-Matter.
A ‘Sync Client/Matter Folders in LexShare’ button will appear at the bottom of the screen. It will initially be disabled while the Client-Matter folders are synced to LexShare.
TIP: The ‘Sync Client/Matter Folders in LexShare’ button is useful in case a manual sync is required. For instance, if a Client Workspace or Matter folder has been deleted by mistake in LexShare, it can be recreated by using this option.
Edits to the names of existing Client-Matters will also be automatically updated in LexShare.
To launch LexShare, navigate to Documents>Settings. A ‘Launch’ button will appear opening LexShare in a new tab. Clicking the Launch button opens LexShare in a new tab and the user is automatically logged in using Single Sign-On (SSO).
At this point:
- The firm's account has been created.
- The folders for active Clients-Matters have been created.
- Accounts are created for all active users of the firm that exist in TimeSolv.
Clients in TimeSolv will appear under ‘All Client Workspaces’ in LexShare. Separate folders will be created for the individual Matters.
To migrate documents to LexShare, navigate to Documents>Settings>Configure LexShare.
Click on the ‘Migrate Documents to LexShare’ button.
A message at the top of the screen will inform the user that the process has started successfully.
The firm will also receive an email once the migration process starts.
Any files stored in TimeSolv will be migrated to LexShare. Files stored in TimeSolv will continue to be accessible alongside LexShare following the migration.
Note: The migrated files will appear in LexShare as if they have been uploaded by the user who clicked the ‘Get Started’ button.
When migration is complete, the firm will receive an email confirming successful completion.
Manage Matter Documents
When LexShare is configured, a ‘View Documents’ button is displayed under the Matter>Documents tab.
When clicked, the LexShare portal is opened in a new tab and the user is redirected to the respective Matter’s folder within LexShare.
From under the LexShare Matter folder screen, users can:
- Create new folders
- Upload new files
- Preview files
- Archive files
- Download files
- View file activities (an audit trail)
- Rename the file
- Share the document
- Request Files
- Request an eSignature (for PDF files only)
To archive a document, under LexShare WorkSpaces>Client>Matter Files screen, users can archive either an entire Matter document folder or an individual document by clicking on the 3 dots icon next to the folder/document.
To manage archived folders/files, click on the 3 dots at the top menu and select ‘View Archive’:
Users can do two things with archives files/folders:
- Re-instate the folder/file
- Delete from the database
CAUTION: Deleting from the database will be an irrecoverable hard-delete.
Share a Document
Under LexShare Workspaces>Clients>Matter Files screen click on ‘Share Files’.
This will open a pop-up allowing the user to:
- Select/upload files to share.
- Add security to files.
- Add an expiration date to files.
Request a Document
Under LexShare Workspaces>Clients>Matter Files screen click on ‘Request Files’.
This will open a pop-up allowing the user to:
- Add security to files – We recommend using the secret question/answer feature where users can choose from a list of pre-loaded questions.
- Set an expiration date for the file link.
- Send the email directly from within the LexShare web application. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the shareable link to an email.
NOTE: If you send the email via the LexShare web application it will be sent from a no-reply address rather than the attorney’s email address.
A request link will be generated, and optionally, emailed to the Client. When accessed, the Client can upload one or more files.
LexSign allows firms to request e-signatures from their clients.
To sign up for LexSign, please contact TimeSolv support as this feature requires an additional charge.
Once the feature is enabled for the firm, navigate to Documents>Documents>LexShare tab and ‘Launch’ LexShare.
Click under Firm Settings>Members tab within LexShare.
Click on the gear icon to enable LexSign against the user.
Click the toggle bar to enable E-Signature Access and save.
How to Create Templates in AssureSign
Follow the instructions provided in your welcome email to log into AssureSign.
Once logged in, navigate to ‘View Templates (simple setup)’ on the left menu column.
At the bottom of the screen select ‘Create Template’.
Name the template - This is what will appear in the Outlook plugin when you are selecting the template to use.
Optional: Add description.
Assign the document you would like to use as a template.
A dialog box will pop up, click ‘OK’.
On the right pane of the open template, click ‘Add Signer’.
You will need to assign ‘JotBlocks’ per signer. These are the specific placements on the document for the signer to fill.
Drag and drop any Signature/Date Jotblocks you need by selecting from the right pane.
To add additional signers, click this icon --->
For additional signers drag and drop JotBlocks as needed.
Once you have all the JotBlocks in place, you MUST do the following for the template to work:1. Change the ‘Workflow Type’ to ‘Custom’. Then click ‘Edit Workflow’.
2. Select Notifications at the top and then delete all the notifications by clicking the ‘X’ on the right side. Then click ‘Done’ in the bottom right.
3. Click the three dots beside ‘Signer 1’.
Toggle the ‘Text Message (SMS)’ off by clicking it.
Then at the top of that pane click the ‘Authentication’ tab. On this tab delete the password for signer, then click ‘Save Signer’ in the bottom right corner.
4. REPEAT steps in B for all additional signers.
Your document is ready to use and you can click ‘Close’ in the bottom right corner.
Request an eSignature
Under LexShare, click on ‘All Workspaces’ screen. Access the Client-Matter document and right-click to select ‘Request Signature’.
A popup will appear to create the signature request. The link field allows the user to control how access is given to the document.
- Direct Link – anyone who has the document link can access the document.
- Question/Answer – gives a list of Question/Answer options to choose from as added security over document access. Make sure the answer is something both the user and the client know the answer to.
Next, select the appropriate Template from the drop-down (see here on how to create Custom Templates):
- Custom Templates – When the user requests the signature, they decide the exact location on the document for where the signature goes. These are useful for contracts/forms where the placement of the signature block changes around.
- Pre-built Templates – These templates are built inside of LexSign. These are useful for contracts/forms where the placement of the signature block always remains the same.
A link will be emailed to the Client for a signature request where they can type the signature with their keyboard or draw it with touch, mouse, or a stylus.
Once submitted, the requester will be notified that the signed file is ready to download.