Users need to set up sync settings before they can sync for the first time. Head over to Accounts>Integrations>Xero – Non-Certified>Sync Setup to get started.
Enable Trust Transaction Sync
- Click on Enable Trust Transaction Sync.
- Select a Trust/Retainer account from the dropdown list of accounts in Xero that you will be syncing the information over to. The values in the drop down are the bank accounts that are set up in the Xero App. If the required bank account does not exist in Xero, click on the New Xero Bank Account link to create a new one.
- Click Save.
- Click on Map TimeSolv Bank Accounts to Xero Bank Accounts.
- Link up the appropriate TimeSolv Operating – Trust Default account with the Xero Operating – Trust Default Operating account, and the TimeSolv Operating Trust account with the Xero Operating Trust account, and likewise for TimeSolv Trust account and Xero Trust account.
- Click Save and then Back.
Review Mapping of Trust Deposits/Disbursements
- Next, you’ll need to check the mapping of Trust Deposits/Disbursements by clicking on Review Mapping of Trust Deposits/Disbursements to existing Xero Bank Transactions.
- Download and review the Excel file and look for any TimeSolv Trust Transactions being added to Xero that should match to an existing Xero Bank Transactions. Correct any mismatches in either TimeSolv or Xero and download/review the Excel file again.
-Mapped: bank accounts are already mapped to the Xero App.
-Will be added to Xero: bank accounts will be added to Xero once the sync process is completed.
- Once you are certain that the correct mapping will take place, use the Confirm Mappings button to connect your TimeSolv Trust Transactions to Xero Bank Transactions.
- Click Back.
Review Mapping of Trust Transfers
- Next step is to Review the mapping of TimeSolv Trust Transfers to existing Xero Bank Transfers.
- On the following page, download the Excel file in order to review the mapping. Review the Excel file and look for any TimeSolv Trust Transfers being added to Xero that should match to an existing Xero Bank Transfer. Correct any mismatches in either TimeSolv or Xero and download/review the Excel file again.
- Click on the Confirm Mapping button to save the changes.
- Click Back.
Sync Trust Transactions
- Click on the Sync tab.
- Click on Sync to Xero button.
- Once the process starts, a live log will be displayed for the user’s information.