Purpose & Benefit: TimeSolv provides a quick and easy way to see all Time entries without having to run a full report. Many times you want to find entries for a particular matter or client to either add more Time or review the status of your Time entries.
To search for a time entry:
- Select Search under Time tab.
- Enter the search criteria. You can search for any term, whether it is a timekeepers name, client name, matter name, or even specific text in the description of the time entry.
- Specify a date range. You can leave the date range blank if you wish to go as far back as possible.
- Click More Options if you wish to be more specific with your search fields.
- Specify Staff Member from drop down list.
- Specify Client & Matter from drop down list.
- Specify Status from:
New – a time entry that has not yet been submitted by a timekeeper who requires approval.
Rejected – an approver has rejected a time entry, and the timekeeper has not yet edited it.
Submitted – timekeeper has submitted time entry for approval, but it has not been reviewed as either approved or rejected by an approver.
Approved – if a timekeeper is not subjected to the approval system, their time entries are automatically processed as ‘approved’.
Pending – the time entry is on a draft invoice.
Billed – the time entry is on a billed/sent invoice.
Written Off – if someone edits a draft invoice and deletes a time entry only from the invoice (not the deletion of the original time entry itself), that is writing it off.
NB Closed (Non-Billable Closed) – you can close time periods for non-billable matters.
- Specify Billable Type from
Billable – time entries that can be billed out.
Non-Billable – time that will not appear on invoice.
No Charge – time that will appear on invoice, but it will be spelled out as ‘No Charge’.
- Click the Search button.