Purpose & Benefit: Monthly reports are valuable tools in building a successful law practice. They provide you with detailed information about your firm from a variety of financial and management perspectives. Used properly, monthly reports can help you identify what is working within your business and what needs improvement. Gain fresh insights into your business with 31 different reports for law firms and other businesses covering billable hours, accounts receivable, expenses, performance, and more. Our insightful reports can be viewed and shared in 10 formats, including PDF, Excel, Word, and more. A report on Trust Banking will show you trust transactions and trust balances by client and matter.
- Select Reports from the top menu.
- Select Trust Banking under the Invoices, Payments and Trusts section.
- Check Include Inactive box if you would like the report to include inactive bank accounts.
- Specify specific Bank Accounts or keep the auto-populated ‘All’.
- Check Include Inactive box if you would like the report to include inactive clients.
- Specify specific Clients or keep the auto-populated ‘All’.
- Specify Group By field (client or client & matter).
- Check Transfers Only box if needed.
Note: Selecting this checkbox means this will show ONLY those transactions that are taking money out of the Trust Account. This is most helpful when you run invoices for the month, then you allocate money to those invoices, and all these transfers can be viewed on this report (how much was transferred from Trust Account, and the total).
- Check Suppress Accounts with Zero Balance box if needed. This is useful to save the space of extra details from appearing on your report that you may not need.
- Specify Date Range.
- Specify Report Output Format from a variety of file format option.
- Click on Generate Report.
- A window will pop up showing you a pending status under the ‘Ready?‘ column – meaning that the report is being processed. The report will automatically download if you remain on this screen.
- If you choose to exit the report processing screen and navigate to other areas of TimeSolv while the report continues to process in the background, you will note a green Downloads link appears when the report has been successfully processed and is ready to be downloaded.
- When you click on the green Download link, you will be able to rename, download, or ‘clear all’ listed reports.
Please note, if there is an error with the report, such as ‘no data found’, you will see the error description in place of the download button.