A report on Time and Expense Entries will show you a list of time and expense entries grouped by Clients and Matters/Projects.
- Select Reports from the top menu.
- Select Time and Expense Entries under the Time and Expense section.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Staff Member for this report.
- Click on Staff Member field to pull up a list of your Staff Members to choose from, or select ‘All’.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Client-Matter for this report.
- Either select ‘All’ Client-Matters, or select specific Client-Matters from the list provided.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Responsible Staff Members for this report.
- You can select a Responsible Staff Member from the list provided.
- Select Group By Responsible Staff Member checkbox if you would like for the report to be formatted in this way.
- You can specify the Status of the entries you want to run a report for from the drop down list.
- You can specify the Billable Type of the entries you want to run a report for from the drop down list.
- You can specify whether you wish to view the Original Values or Current Values of the Time and Expense Entries you want to run a report for.
- You can specify the Date Range of the Time Entries to be included in the report.
- You can specify the Report Output Format of the report.
- Click Generate Report for the report to be downloaded in your chosen format.
- A window will pop up showing you a pending status under the ‘Ready?‘ column – meaning that the report is being processed. You will also note a Downloads link has appeared on top right of your screen. You are welcome to close this screen and continue to other areas of TimeSolv, as the system will continue to process the report regardless of whether or not you stay on the screen. You can view the status at any stage by clicking on that Downloads link.
Note: if a report does not finish processing within 30 minutes (or due to some issue in the report server), a ‘Delete‘ link will become available for the user to get rid of the entry.
- Once the download is ready, the top right Downloads link will turn yellow in color, indicating that the report has been processed and is ready to be downloaded. Click on the download icon below the ‘Ready?‘ column to download your report in your chosen format.The document is deleted automatically immediately after it has been downloaded.
- Please note, if there is an error with the report, such as no data found, you will see a red ‘Error‘ notification instead of a download icon below the ‘Ready?‘ column. When you hover your mouse over the ‘Error‘ writing, you will see a message appear notifying you the cause of this error. You must manually press the ‘delete‘ link next to these errors if you wish to remove them from your list of downloads.