Purpose & Benefit: Monthly reports are valuable tools in building a successful law practice. They provide you with detailed information about your firm from a variety of financial and management perspectives. Used properly, monthly reports can help you identify what is working within your business and what needs improvement. Gain fresh insights into your business with 31 different reports for law firms and other businesses covering billable hours, accounts receivable, expenses, performance, and more. Our insightful reports can be viewed and shared in 10 formats, including PDF, Excel, Word, and more. A report on Time and Expense Entries will show you a list of time and expense entries grouped by Clients and Matters/Projects.
- Select Reports from the top menu.
- Select Time and Expense Entries under the Time and Expense section.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Staff Member for this report.
- Click on Staff Member field to pull up a list of your Staff Members to choose from, or select ‘All’.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Client-Matter for this report.
- Either select ‘All’ Client-Matters, or select specific Client-Matters from the list provided.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Responsible Staff Members for this report.
- You can select a Responsible Staff Member from the list provided.
- Select Group By Responsible Staff Member checkbox if you would like for the report to be formatted in this way.
- You can specify the Status of the entries you want to run a report for from the drop down list.
- You can specify the Billable Type of the entries you want to run a report for from the drop down list.
- You can specify whether you wish to view the Original Values or Current Values of the Time and Expense Entries you want to run a report for.
- You can specify the Date Range of the Time Entries to be included in the report.
- You can specify the Report Output Format of the report.
- Click Generate Report for the report to be downloaded in your chosen format.
- A window will pop up showing you a pending status under the ‘Ready?‘ column – meaning that the report is being processed. The report will automatically download if you remain on this screen.
- If you choose to exit the report processing screen and navigate to other areas of TimeSolv while the report continues to process in the background, you will note a green Downloads link appears when the report has been successfully processed and is ready to be downloaded.
- When you click on the green Download link, you will be able to rename, download, or ‘clear all’ listed reports.
Please note, if there is an error with the report, such as ‘no data found’, you will see the error description in place of the download button.