Purpose & Benefit: Monthly reports are valuable tools in building a successful law practice. They provide you with detailed information about your firm from a variety of financial and management perspectives. Used properly, monthly reports can help you identify what is working within your business and what needs improvement. Gain fresh insights into your business with 31 different reports for law firms and other businesses covering billable hours, accounts receivable, expenses, performance, and more. Our insightful reports can be viewed and shared in 10 formats, including PDF, Excel, Word, and more. A report on Task Summary will show you a sum of time entries grouped by staff members and tasks.
- Select Reports from the top menu.
- Select Task Summary under the Time and Expense section.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Staff Member for this report.
- Click on Staff Member field to pull up a list of your Staff Members to choose from, or select ‘All’.
- Select a Staff Member Group if you have these setup and want this information to be shown in this report.
- Select the Include Inactive checkbox if you want to be able to select an inactive Client-Matter for this report.
- Either select ‘All’ Client-Matters, or select specific Client-Matters from the list provided.
- If you have Categories setup under Clients>Settings>Categories, you may choose to have this information included in the report. Select a category from the drop down list.
- You can select a Task Code from the list provided.
- You can specify whether you want to include details for Matters/Projects.
- You can specify whether you want to include details for Matters/Projects and Staff Members/Professionals. This includes information such as Matter/Project name, client name, any group the client may belong to, etc.
- You can specify the Date Range of the Task Summaries to be included in the report.
- You can specify the Report Output Format of the report.
- Click Generate Report for the report to be downloaded in your chosen format.
- A window will pop up showing you a pending status under the ‘Ready?‘ column – meaning that the report is being processed. The report will automatically download if you remain on this screen.
- If you choose to exit the report processing screen and navigate to other areas of TimeSolv while the report continues to process in the background, you will note a green Downloads link appears when the report has been successfully processed and is ready to be downloaded.
- When you click on the green Download link, you will be able to rename, download, or ‘clear all’ listed reports.
Please note, if there is an error with the report, such as ‘no data found’, you will see the error description in place of the download button.