PURPOSE & BENEFIT: Enable commissions to allow Timekeepers to earn specified percentages on Projects/Matters. Commission based plans use preset factors to weigh each attorney’s contributions to the firm. Firms can accurately measure the work production of each attorney with a comprehensive legal billing system.
To enable commissions at the firm level:
- Select the Settings link under the Account.
- Under the General tab, check the box ‘Enable Commissions?’
- Define the Fixed Holdback Amount Per Invoice and Percent Holdback Per Invoice.
To Specify the Commission Settings For a Timekeeper/Professional:
- Select the Staff/Professionals link under the Account
- Select the desired Timekeeper/Professional (example below).
- Click on the Edit Commission button to assign a specific commission percent for a specific Client & Matter/Project.
- Select the relevant Client you wish to assign a commission for from the drop down list.
- Select the relevant Matter/Project you wish to assign a commission for from the drop down list.
- Enter in the Commission Percent and click on the Create New
- Assign a Commission Manager from the drop down list of Timekeepers/Professionals.
- Specify the Commission Manager’s Commission Percent.
- Click Save.