To create a trust entry:
- Select Trust under Payments tab.
- Select the Client/Matter.
- The trust account should populate in the Trust Account field.
- Or click the plus sign to the right to create a new one.
Note: Creating a new account for a matter does not create a new bank account, only a dedicated area to track funds specific to this matter.
- The Name can be changed to Trust, Retainer, or a custom title.
- The available Bank accounts will be displayed in a drop down list.
- Enter the appropriate minimum value for replenishment in the Replenish Below field, and the value the account should be Replenished To.
Note: Replenishment values will automatically be added to invoices when the account balance is below the Replenish Below value.
- Click Save.
- Select Transaction type from the drop down. Selecting Disbursement will activate the Paid To field.
- Specify the Date this transaction will be recorded in their account.
- You can specify who you are sending the money to in the Paid To field. Enter the name of the customer whom the balance has to be refunded.
- Reference field can be used to add a check number.
- Specify the Amount you are sending out.
- Notes field can be used to enter a specific note regarding the transaction.
- Click Save
- Click the Allocate link to allocate the funds to invoices.
- Click the Delete link to remove the entry.