Purpose & Benefit: With an integration to TimeSolv, files and emails stored for your clients and matters in NetDocuments will automatically be accessible within TimeSolv, allowing your firm to use our system as your hub for client and matter management.
- Select Settings under the Documents tab.
- Click on Configure NetDocuments.
- Select your server.
- Click on Connect to NetDocuments button.
- Sign into your NetDocuments account.
- After successful authorization, cabinet selection and verification that the selected cabinet has Workspace view enabled and configured, a folder will be created in NetDocuments for every active Client and Matter in TimeSolv. Any existing data (i.e. client, matter, default folder and files) would be visible in TimeSolv. A how-to guide is available here to setup workspace view in your NetDocuments account.
Note: any files uploaded to NetDocuments from TimeSolv will appear as if they were uploaded by the person whose login credentials were used to authorize TimeSolv to connect to your NetDocuments account.
In order to access your documents in your NetDocuments account, please make sure that Workspace view is setup in your NetDocuments account.
Workspace View Configured Already
If you already have setup workspace view in your NetDocuments account, please verify:
1. You have enabled workspace in a cabinet and the workspace is based on a profile attribute.
- Available in Admin>Cabinets>Selected Cabinet>Define workspace templates.
2. The profile attribute, the workspace is based on, uses lookup table and has been liked to a parent profile attribute which also uses lookup table.
- Available in Admin>Define Profile Attributes>Selected Profile Attribute>Edit>Modify attribute definition
Configuring Workspace View
Here is how to setup workspace view in NetDocuments:
- Go to Admin, and define profile attributes and define two attributes Client and Matter as shown in the screenshots below:
- Add another profile attribute named ‘Document Type‘ if you want to see default folders under each Matter.
- Edit ‘Document Type‘ profile attribute to define set of default folders.
- From Admin>Cabinets, click on ‘Add Cabinet’ to create a new Cabinet.
- From Admin>Cabinets, click on the TimeSolv cabinet to configure it.
- Set up Client-Matter titles in NetDocuments as shown below. Remember to click Save Templates button (above) afterwards.
- It shall show the client matter names as shown below: