Purpose & Benefit: Portal access is given to Contacts in TimeSolv. Since a given Contact can be associated with many projects, access to the portal is granted either at the specific project level or can be granted at the client level for access to all projects within the client. Any user with “All Access” permissions can grant portal access to those clients and projects to which they are assigned.
- To grant access, click on Contacts under Clients tab.
- Click the “Associations” link.
- From there, you can see which clients/projects the contact is associated with and allow portal access by selecting the “Has Portal Access?” check box (note that you will only be able to checkmark portal access if you have either setup a portal login under Clients>Contacts>Edit, or have deselected the “Login Required for Portal?” checkbox under Clients>Settings).
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Save Associations.
- Now here’s where the “Login required for Portal?” setting comes into play (under Clients>Settings).
You have two options when granting access:
- If “Login required for Portal?” is selected you must create a specific login for each contact. To do this, go on Clients>Contacts, and click on the Edit link.
- Click on Create Portal Login.
- Specify a login name and password for this contact.
- Click on Update. An email with the credentials will be sent to the contact.
- You can also remove portal access or resend their credentials from here as well:
- If “Login required for Portal?” is not selected (under Clients>Settings), the system will allow the contact to use a specific link to go directly into the portal without a login. The link is sent when portal access is assigned (shown above) and is automatically included for each invoice or statement sent via email. In this case, you do not need to create a specific login for the contact, but if you do that will override the automatic login and require the contact to enter those credentials.