Settings is where you can define certain firm-wide settings. You can also upload your logo for use on bills and project reports. Any changes made here apply to all the firm’s timekeepers.
To access firm settings:
- Select Settings link under the Account tab.
- Under the General tab, enter the Firm Name.
- Enter Firm Label (i.e. Firm, Company, or Partnership)
- Enter Staff Member Label – this is how you would like your timekeepers to be labelled in the system fields (i.e. Associate, Consultant, Employee, Fee Earner, Professional, Resource, Staff Member, or Timekeeper)
- Tax Label (i.e. Tax)
- Tax ID
- For invoices, statements, and reports, please choose the way in which you would like the date formatted throughout your TimeSolv web app.
- You can specify the Week Start Day to customize how you view your TimeSolv calendar.
- If needed, please enter an Australian Business Number in the field shown below.
Note: If you are registered with the Australian Business Register Online, only then you can enter your Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Set Session Timeout Duration (hours)
Note: Session Timeout Duration is the length of time a user can remain logged on to the TimeSolv web app but inactive. TimeSolv automatically ends a timekeeper’s session once this amount of time has elapsed. For example, if you would like inactive users to be automatically logged out after 30 minutes, enter 0.5.
- Enter your firm’s URL in the Firm URL field.
- If you would like to enable the Access to Assigned Matters/Projects Only feature, please check the box. This means that on the TimeSolv web app, your firm users will only be able to access the Matters/Projects that are assigned to them.
- Enable Dashboard check box if Dashboard needs to be enabled.
Note: The Dashboard feature is basically a graphical representation of hours, amount and billing rate for the whole year. Dashboard is visible to both admin and non-admin users. Admin users have more rights than non-admin users. Firm admin can view dashboard of any non-admin user in that firm.
- Enable Commissions check box if commissions needs to be enabled.
- Specify a Fixed Holdback amount Per Invoice if need be.
- Specify a Percent Holdback Per Invoice if need be.
- Click the Save button to save the firm settings.