Purpose & Benefit: Your client database is an invaluable tool for any business. These details help you follow up on new leads, easily generate repeat business with multiple Matters/Projects under the same client, and find information about your current and previous clients quickly and easily.
To define client settings:
- Click on the Settings link under the Clients tab.
- Specify Client Label – this is how you wish for the term ‘Client’ to appear throughout the system.
- You can manually enter the Next Client ID.
- Choose Taxable Status.
- Choose Client ID Format.
- Click on Update Client ID’s to save changes to the Client ID Format.
- Specify Matter Label – this is how you wish for the term ‘Matter’ to appear throughout the system.
- Click on the Display Matters First checkbox if you wish to turn this feature on.
- Choose an Matter Inactive Limit.
Note: This is the minimum number of active matters to be present to automatically inactive matters. TimeSolv will automatically make matters inactive if the specified number of days have passed from the latest Time or Expense entry provided there are no unbilled Time or Expense entries. This feature will enable faster data entry and keep administrators from having to periodically check which Matters are in use. Entering a value of 0 will disable this feature.
- Specify Matter Inactive Days. This is the number of days since last entry to make Matters ‘inactive’.
- Specify Starting Matter ID.
- Specify Matter ID Format.
- Click on Update Matter ID’s button.
- Click on Enable Conflicts Search checkbox if you wish to have this feature enabled.
- Specify Related Party Custom Field Label.
- Specify Relationship Custom Label.
- Specify Default Name for Trust.
- Specify Default Trust Bank Account.
- Select Automatically Pay Invoices from Trust checkbox if you wish to enable this feature.
- Click on Enable Portal checkbox if you wish to enable this feature.
- Specify whether you would like Login Required for Portal by enabling the checkbox.
- Specify Time Visibility on the Client Portal:
Billed Entries Only
- Specify Expense Visibility on the Client Portal:
Billed Entries Only
- Specify the bank account you wish to Receive All Portal Invoice Payments In
- If you want portal users to be able to pay through trust balances, enable the Allow Use of Trust Balance When Paying Invoices checkbox.
- Click Save.