Following are the steps to log on to TimeSolv QB Sync application:
- Enter valid TimeSolv log in ID in the Login Name field
- Enter a valid password for the ID in the Password field
- Enable the Remember Me check box so that the application can remember the credentials for the next log in.
- Click on the Account tab and select the Import/Export link. Click the QuickBooks tab to view the two available options.
- Select the appropriate QuickBook Sync version, depending on whether you are using the desktop version or the online version of QuickBooks.
- Download and Install the QB Sync application.
If Desktop option is selected from the QuickBooks Edition drop down, then the following actions should be done:
- Make sure that the QuickBooks desktop application is already opened and a company exists for syncing the data from TimeSolv to QuickBooks
- At least one new account type of Accounts Receivable should have been created already in the Lists>>Chart of Accounts>>Account>>New>>Other Accounts Types of the QuickBooks application to sync the Invoices from TimeSolv to QuckBooks
- Employee wages should be defined to let the TimeCards synced from TimeSolv to QuickBooks application. This can be done via Edit>>Preferences>>Payroll & Employees>>Company Preferences>>Employee Defaults…
Click the OK button on the TimeSolv Login screen
- Select the Yes,always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running radio button and enable the Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information. check box
- Click the Done button to finish the configuration process of TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync for QuickBooks desktop edition
If Online option is selected from the QuickBooks Edition drop down, then the following actions should be done:
- Click the URL under the Connection Ticket field to get a connection ID
- Sign in to the QB online edition with correct QuickBooks credentials
- Select the desired company from the QuickBooks Online Companies section
- Create a new connection and continue with the wizard such that a connection key is shown. Copy the key and paste it in the Connection Ticket field of TimeSolv QB Sync application
- Click the URL link under the Session Ticket field to get a session ID by completing a wizard. This is not a mandatory field and required only if you selected login security in the interview
- Click the OK button on the TimeSolv Login screen to finish the TimeSolv QB Sync configuration for the QuickBooks online edition
Once logged on to the TimeSolv QB Sync application, the default tab shown is the Settings tab
It has three buttons:
Save: This button is used to save the changes to the data synchronization settings
Refresh: This button is used to refresh the options shown in the application drop downs
Change User: This button is used to specify some other TimeSolv credential to log on to the TimeSolv QuickBooks Sync application