TimeSolv now provides custom categories for clients, matters or timekeepers for filtering all reports.This feature was previously only available for time cards and expense cards reports. For example, you have three types of clients or matters: Divorce, Wills, and Child Custody. You can create client or matter categories under Advanced Setup and apply the categories to clients and matters.
Create reports for specific group of clients, matters, or timekeepers.
How to apply categories to Clients and Matters
- Go to Clients>>Settings>>Categories.
- Click the Create New Category link to create a category
- Drill into any client name and select the desired category from the Client Group drop down.
Note: Client Group would be inherited automatically by new matters. For existing matters, you will have to select a category manually.
How to use Client and Matter categories to filter reports
Go to reports, select any report that has a client or matter as data filter. For example on Time Cards report, select the desired client category from the Client Group drop down to filter time cards for matters categorized as the desired client category.
How to apply categories to timekeepers
- Go to Accounts>>Settings>>Staff Member Groups
- Create staff member groups and sub-groups
- Drill into a staff member
- Specify the desired Staff Category and Staff Sub-Category in the custom fields
How to use Timekeeper categories to filter reports
Go to reports, select any report that has a timekeeper as data filter. For example on Time Cards report, select the desired staff category and sub-category from the custom drop downs to filter the time cards.