To create an expense entry:
- Click the Expense tab, then Expense Entry
- Enter the timekeeper in the For field (note this field only displays if Timekeeper has access to create entries for all Timekeepers)
- Double click or type to search the Matter field to select a matter
- Double click or type to search the Expense Code field to select an expense code
- Specify a type, Billable/Non-Billable/No Charge in the Billable Type drop down (permissions setting must be turned on to view)
- By default, the expense entry will be created for current day. If you are making entries for past dates, simply select the desired date from the calendar applet and then create a time entry.
Note: The Billable Type drop down will only be available to those timekeepers who have been granted permission by the firm admin. Billable expense entry is the current way the expense entry is working i.e., the expense entry is shown on the invoice and the customer is charged for it; the non-billable expense entry does not show on the invoice and the customer will be charged for it; the no charge expense entry is shown on the invoice but the customer is not charged for it.
- Specify a quantity in the Quantity field; a price per unit in the Price Per Unit field; a markup in the Markup (%) field or click the Enter Fixed Amount link to enter a fixed amount
- Enter the notes in the Notes edit box
- Click the Save & New button to save the expense entry and create a new expense entry or click the Save & Duplicates button to save the new expense entry and also create an editable copy of it
Enabled Approval for Expense Entry
If the expense approver for project or timekeeper is enabled in the Time>>Settings link, the Submit For Approval link is shown on the time entry form.
- After creating an expense entry, click the Submit For Approval link to submit the expense entry for approval/rejection
- Select the Time/Expense entries to be submitted and click the Submit for Approval link
- The status/approval history of the submitted entries can be viewed back on the Expense Entry screen by taking your cursor and hovering over the Status Icon; Approved/Submitted/Rejected/Pending.